Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kindle on the way (I hope)

I ordered one of the new Kindles a few weeks ago when the new design was announced (unfortunately, not early enough, as I didn't get in on the first shipment) and I should be receiving it some time this week or next week.  After having just finished No One Would Listen using the Kindle for Android software on my new HTC Evo 4G, I'm looking forward to trying out the actual Kindle device. 

Amazon seems to have finally made a useful eBook device that's actually attractive to look at.  I've been interested in the Kindle since the first generation was originally launched, but the price point and aesthetics never agreed with me.  I'd been anxiously waiting for them to bring the Kindle software to WebOS, but when I made the switch to Android, I figured I'd give the software a shot on my phone.  The convenience is incredible, and it's nice to save $5+ on each book you order without having to kill any trees (we do, after all, only have one Earth).  I'm in the process of reading A Game of Thrones right now, and I'm hooked.

I'll post an update when I receive my Kindle (I'm hoping by this Friday, but we'll see).  I strongly recommend you check out No One Would Listen in the meantime.  It's absolutely mind-boggling how much Harry Markopolos went through while trying to expose Bernie Madoff. You know how it ends, but it's still a very addicting read.  I'll try to post more about it another time.

No comments: